Community Fire Safe Council Support
The Associate Membership Program of the Fire Safe Council of San Diego County is a voluntary agreement program designed by the Fire Safe Council of San Diego County to help maintain the integrity of groups using the name and/or logo of the Fire Safe Council of San Diego County.
The Memorandum of Agreement has been established for Community Fire Safe Councils desiring Associate Membership with the Fire Safe Council of San Diego County. Please carefully review the Memorandum of Agreement with your council members. If your FSC members fully understand and agree to comply with the terms of the Agreement, please complete and submit the signed original Memorandum of Agreement to the Fire Safe Council of San Diego County at 11769 Waterhill Road, Lakeside, CA 92040.
All submitted Memorandums of Agreement and use of Community FSC name and logo will be reviewed and approved by the Board of Directors of the Fire Safe Council.
Benefits & Services Offered to Associate Member Councils
- Associate Membership with the Fire Safe Council of San Diego County (advisory, non-voting member of the Board of Directors)
- California Fire Safe Council has authorized the Fire Safe Council of San Diego County to approve/register local FSC logos and use of the name “Fire Safe Council” on its behalf upon review by FSCSDC Board of Directors. (All questions regarding legal issues are to be referred to the CAFSC which owns and/or has copyright for the name and logo of the “Fire Safe Council.”)
- On-going Fire Safe Council of San Diego County staff support as per funding
- Council formation tools, including assistance with meeting facilitation
- Newsletter (quarterly)
- Access to maps, reference library & photos
- Information about upcoming grant opportunities
- Fire Safe Council of San Diego County Website links
- Media and agency contacts
- Community Wildfire Protection Plan template & assistance
- Coordination with local fire jurisdictions for assistance & support
- Liaison with California Fire Safe Council & California Fire Alliance
- Network with other Community Fire Safe Councils
- Education/outreach materials
- Press/news releases
- Fire information
- Workshops, training, conferences
- Assist recognized councils with locally identified goals
For more information, please contact Fire Safe Council of San Diego County at (619) 562-0096. We are also available to meet with your community group to present information on wildfire safety and/or discuss the process of forming a Fire Safe Council.
Fire Safe Council
of San Diego County News
NO COST CHIPPING
Chipping request forms are accepted until May 31, 2013.
NEW--to fill out an online chipping form, you may click the link.
CAL FIRE WILDFIRE NOTIFICATION PROGRAM
To receive wildfire updates for your area, you may respond via email, Twitter, or Blog, please contact:
Mike Mohler, Fire Captain
CAL FIRE-San Diego Unit
San Diego County Fire Authority
2249 Jamacha Road EL Cajon, CA 92019
Report tree branches hanging over power lines to SDG&E at: 1-800-411-SDGE
Be prepared for the next wildfire: join a Fire Safe Council near you!
Donate to the Fire Safe Council of San Diego County. Make a tax-deductible contribution and help us prevent losses from wildfire.